Monday, June 23, 2003

Now that I've started this thing I cannot stop... will be posting every two hours until they cut me off. Work is bugging the hell out of me today, mainly little things, like being asked to do menial shit, and wanting to say "I AM 27 YEARS OLD AND YOU ARE ASKING ME TO GET YOU SOME ENVELOPES?! HAVE YOU NO SHAME?" Plus I am all fidgety and very aware of my clothing... this is cos I am wearing super-low jeans and am convinced that the world can see my ass every time I get up to walk around. Ok, the following entry is over a year old, and, like almost everything I write started life as an email to Therese. And it also contains my very first attempt at a link...

My evening was ok, but a bit of a let-down...went to the press conference: was very late, as I decided that, rather than getting the tube for 3 stops and walking for 5 minutes, it'd be quicker by far to get a bus in rush-hour traffic...so I waited 1/2 hour for a bus, got a different bus, changed busses, and arrived at 6.30...after leaving work at 5.35...I was going from Soho to waterloo, for chrissake, a distance I could walk in 15 minutes (but I had heavy bags and teeny pointy shoes on). However, there was no press there, except one woman from a gay/lesbian website. I think it's sad that the a href="http://www.ladyfestlondon.org" target="_blank">festival has been largely ignored by the mainstream "straight" press, as if it's irrelevant to them: it's not every day (or, in fact, ever) that an all-woman music festival takes place in London. But, we got to have an organiser's meeting, which was cool, and we sorted stuff out, and I’m now really not wanting this festival to end! I’ve met so many great people and made some good friends, and looking back, it's been a great experience...only one week to go! Aargh!
So after the meeting, having obviously not learned my lesson (that lesson being that the 176 bus route is a cruel hoax) I decided to get a bus home. I waited 40 minutes, and the 176 that turned up was so full the driver didn't let anyone on. So I hopped on the next bus heading towards Camberwell, sat in my seat muttering (loudly) "drive, muthafucker!!!" and finally got on the bus somewhere in Peckham. The bus contained: the biggest man I’ve ever seen asleep in a 3-seater bench, with no room to spare; people with severe personal hygiene issues; a woman with a huge trolley blocking the aisle. The journey was hell, but I only missed the first 10 minutes of ER.
So that was MY night...

No comments: