Monday, September 08, 2003

Having a hating-my-job day. They are increasingly frequent.

Am checking page proofs. There are nose hairs (proof reader's, not mine) on them. Got an irate email from an author this morning, berating me for sending him (at the behest of Sales) book plates to be signed. Shoot the messenger, why don’t you. This day is shitty.

Plus my clothing is all wrong. All wrong I say! Have a sort-of interview at lunch, so could not be a scruffbag today. Started with a pair of smart trousers, and a plain top. Realised I had run out of pop sox, and did not own a single pair of black socks, so could not wear proper shoes. So am wearing ballet shoes, which while being very comfy and chic, don’t really go with suit trousers. Finished this with a red trench coat, and was walking to work feeling like I was in my pyjamas and dressing gown. Unbeknownst to me, I also had my fly undone all the way to the office.

No comments: