Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I’m back at my old job. BUT it’s just for January, only three days a week, and I’m getting a day rate that’s about 40% more than my salary was. Freelancing is great, but the downside is not working for a week or more at a time (and of course, no work = no pay). So I have been making my own fun: sewing, baking, cooking yum dinners, and decluttering the house (a never-ending project). Bit of a disaster yesterday when I tried to log in to Hotmail and couldn’t. Password would not work. Security question would not work. No contact details for MSN or Hotmail anywhere on the site, except a crappy form you can fill in and email to them which they can then ignore. Whoever stole my Hotmail also hacked into my eBay account. EBay were very helpful in that they confirmed that someone had changed my password and tried to use my account, and very unhelpful in that they wouldn’t tell me who that person was, or what they tried to do. But I have a clue… my eBay addresses page had the name changed to Rose Lawrence. Address was the same, but dopey Rose didn’t think to hide her name… Any advice on dealing with evil hackers, and getting back 5+ years’ worth of email, much appreciated…

1 comment:

rachel said...

I say you show up at Rose's house with a carton of eggs and maybe some water balloons.

Do you have a new account, in the meantime? I want to write and tell you how much I loved my bday goodies.