Wednesday, August 06, 2003

One of the best things about England is her sandwiches. You’d think that America, land of convenience, would have seen the market for ready-made, gourmet sarnies, and tapped it, but no. Getting a sandwich in the USA still generally entails standing in line and having it made in front of you. And it usually costs at least $4. The reason I am musing over the Sandwich Question is cos I am sitting at my desk scoffing a Pret A Manger chicken and avocado, handmade this morning, £2.50 giant sandwich. It could be improved with the addition of bacon, but that’s true of most things. (Is there a Bacon Council? If so, listen up, here’s your new slogan: “It’s better with bacon”. What’s better with bacon? Well, off the top of my head: eggs, pancakes, sausages, coffee, life. You’re welcome.)

Realise I have been a very, very bad blogger of late. When do people find the time to do it? I guess they have computers at home. Since I gave my pc to my boyfriend a few months ago (there's no room for it at my flat), I have been dependent on my work machine. So, anyway, sorry. It won't happen again.

No comments: